Every Season, we go over the latest platform updates for the top streaming and content creating platforms to keep you in the loop and following the terms of service. Being informed of the rules of the platform(s) you use to share and create your content is not only smart, it’s one of the best ways to protect your brand and the first step in making sure you community is moderated efficiently.
Mixer: Has been very strong on their policies that center on creating safe communities. Here are some of their policies.
- No Hate Speech
- No Bullying – Specific examples given
- Nudity + Attire + Mature Content
- Mixer Light Stream Studio Partnership
- Streamers being responsible for off platform conduct
- Nudity and Attire
- Sexual content – included emotes + twitch creative
YouTube: Has made some major changes to their partnership program which has affected tons of smaller creators.
- 1,000 subscribers
- 4,000 watch time hours within the past 12 month
Added new features to their live-stream service:
- Chat replay
- English automatic captions to livestreams (HUGE!)
- Made it easier to go live with webcam (no encoding software)
- Also working on making direct streaming from phone easier
Here comes YouTube studio